Delicioso Simple Green and White Pizza!

Pizza. I love it.
Pizza. I ate it in Milan once.
Pizza. It was the best in Milan.
Pizza. I made a Spinach and Cheese Sauce one. 
Pizza. I don't think this one is very authentic.
Pizza. It's pretty good anyway.


I have a problem with pizza... I eat a lot of it.. but that's not the main problem.. 
The main problem is how much I put on top of it!

This is the most restrained pizza I have ever made!



Muffin ate it and said "See? SIMPLE! DELICIOUS!"

He was amazed I could put anything LESS than 6 toppings on it!








Simple Green and White Pizza (spinach and cheese sauce)
Recipe makes 2 pizzas

1 batch pizza dough +1 Tablespoon italian herbs (makes Six 6-inch pizzas)

Cheese Sauce
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1 Tablespoon herb&garlic cream cheese
1/4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon vegeta (or seasoning salt)
1 Tablespoon corn flour slurry 

Spinach topping
1/2 onion, diced
1 box defrosted frozen spinach, squeezed dry 
4 mushrooms, chopped
2 cups chinese greens, chopped
1 teaspoon vinegar

4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 425F (220C)
Melt butter over a medium heat, add flour and whisk together. 
Add 1/4 cup milk and whisk quickly to remove lumps. Add in the rest of the milk and whisk.
Turn heat to high and add the cheddar cheese and vegeta.
Once sauce has thickened (about 5 mins), add cream cheese and corn flour. 
Mixture should be thick enough to spread - keep in mind it will thicken more once cooled.
Cool in the fridge.

In a big bowl, add spinach, onion and vinegar.. Season with salt and pepper. 
Set aside.

In a frying pan, fry mushrooms until softened and brown. Add to spinach.
Flash fry chinese greens. Add to spinach mix. 

In a small pan over low heat, melt butter and add garlic. Turn heat off and leave to sit while you prepare the dough.

Take 1 handful of dough and roll out on a floured surface, into a 6 inch circle.
Repeat!
Place dough on baking tray.
Take a pastry brush (or teaspoon) and brush the garlic butter around the crusts.
Spread 1-2 Tablespoons cooled cheese sauce on to pizza bases.
Add 3/4 cup green vegie mix and spread out evenly.
Dollop on a few extra bits of cheese sauce around (optional) 

Bake for 20 minutes.

Serve sprinkled with shredded basil and diced tomato.







Comments

  1. yum but not entirely sure why the corn flour as well? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted it to stay put and not melt in to oblivion when I cooked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that pizza would've tasted delish and full of superfood goodness! Thanks for sharing, going to give this one a try. :) I love pizza too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts